Updates For Customers
Updated June 15, 2020
Access to Cemetery Grounds
As the Province has increased the permitted gathering size to 50 we have returned our cemetery gate hours to the pre-COVID-19 norms.
Commencing June 16th, 2020 our gates will be opened for public access:We want to thank our rights holders and our neighbouring communities for their patience and understanding while the gates have been closed. We realize how difficult this was for everyone and we are pleased to be able to welcome you back.
Access to Facilities
In conjunction with the easing of the gathering limits by the Province, we have opened our mausolea and niche building facilities for those wishing to visit loved ones.
Please note that there are restrictions to the number of individuals who can be inside funeral and cemetery facilities (including mausolea, niche buildings and crematoria) as per Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO) directives which are based on facility and room capacities. Accordingly, if volumes are high staff members and security personnel will be monitoring access flow and restricting access accordingly.
Entrance to the Administrative Offices will be by appointment only. The doors will be locked at all times. For essential needs, please call the office number for assistance (see Contact Us).
Gatherings For Services
The Bereavement Authority of Ontario has mandated:
- permitted gathering sizes inside a building for funeral visitation and chapel services, and cremation witnessing ceremonies, will be up to 30% of the maximum room capacities (excluding funeral and cemetery staff) while maintaining the six foot physical distancing rule.
- gathering sizes for outdoor services is limited to a maximum of 50 (excluding funeral and cemetery staff) while maintaining the six foot physical distancing rule.
Due to space constraints in some facilities and rooms, the following restrictions are in place:
- Face-to-face arrangement meetings are restricted to essential services and a maximum of 3 individuals plus funeral staff (at Pine Hills the limit is 2)
- Prospect and Beechwood mausolea: indoor committal services (maximum 10 people)
- Elgin Mills and Pine Hills mausolea: indoor services (maximum 5 people)
- Niche Buildings - indoor services (maximum 5 people)